Beacon Youth Theatre
Beacon Youth Theatre invites young people to use their imagination, share ideas, tell real life stories and collaborate to make them come alive on stage.
The Beacon has an experienced team of professional tutors who specialise in facilitating, making and directing theatre for and with children and young people. Our structured sessions grow the imaginations, collaborative skills, and creativity of everyone in the group. The programme is inventive and playful, making use of the Beacon’s excellent on-site facilities, including our beautiful rehearsal rooms and two performance spaces. Member’s will:
- Develop acting and performance skills
- Create original scripts and performances
- Learn about technical aspect of theatre making
- Work as a team to create high-quality theatre
- Perform at The Beacon and other events and venues
We provide a positive and supportive environment allowing young people between the ages of 5 and 21 to develop not only their skills in theatre and performance, but also in communication, confidence and working as a team. The workshops have a laid-back atmosphere where young people have the freedom to be themselves and to be creative, make new friends, and have an experience that will last them a lifetime.
2019-2020 Term Dates
- Autumn Term: Saturday 24 August – Saturday 19 October 2019
- Winter Term: Saturday 2 November – Saturday 21st December 2019
- Spring Term: Saturday 18 January – Saturday 28 March 2020
- Summer Term: Saturday 25th April – Saturday 27th June 2020
If you are interested in becoming a member of Beacon Youth Theatre, please email firstname.lastname@example.org